Having a beautiful body, feeling comfortable, eliminating swelling and reducing our volume can be achieved by eating a healthy and balanced diet combined with exercise. However, if your problem is that your body retains fluidswe offer you an ideal complement that will become your best ally: diuretic drinks. These products are perfect for purifying and detoxifying our bodies, while eliminating liquids and helping us lose those extra pounds.
If you want to know how to prepare diuretic drinks don’t forget to read the following article from unComo.com. As always, we are betting on homemade, economical and simple recipes that will always allow you to have your diuretic juices ready to drink… Sign up for detoxification drinks?
Advantages of diuretic drinks
The diuretic drinks are the ones who help eliminate the accumulation of liquids in our bodies. Its consumption makes it possible to expel, through the urine, all these toxins and other waste products that do not benefit our body. Therefore, drinking diuretic drinks will help us to purify our body, as well as detoxify it from everything that has gradually accumulated.
Remember that water retention is a symptom that can occur in many cases, whether it is hormonal problems such as thyroid, circulatory problems, kidney, liver or heart problems. For all these reasons, it is necessary to the introduction of diuretic drinks into our diet to help us ensure that our bodies are always protected from fluid retention and bad toxins.
The power of diuretics is also useful for treating high blood pressure and preventing water retention. It is also perfect for all cases where, for medical reasons, it is strictly necessary to eliminate liquids in greater quantities, as in the case of oedemas, strokes or cirrhosis, among many others. Not to mention the main objective of all those who travel to diuretic drinks: lose weight, burn fat from localized areas and get cellulite loss or get a flat stomach.
There are multiple products that act as natural diureticsthanks to their properties, and are an excellent choice to enrich your diet. Here are some of these foods:
- WatermelonIts high water content makes it an excellent diuretic. Its consumption allows a better circulation of liquids and evacuates the accumulation retained in the tissues. It is detoxifying, mineralizing and very low in calories.
- TomatoIt is composed of 90% water and is therefore a fantastic diuretic. It also contains several antioxidants such as vitamin C, selenium, lycopene or beta-carotene.
- CarrotIn addition to providing antioxidants and vitamins, it provides us with minerals and accelerates metabolism to detoxify the body quickly. A good natural diuretic.
- CucumberIts high water content makes it the diuretic par excellence. Sulphur and silicon also help the kidneys to eliminate toxins and reduce water retention.
- CeleryIncreases urine production and helps to detoxify the body, as it is rich in sodium.
- AsparagusIt contains asparagine, which makes it a very low-calorie and diuretic food. It is also rich in fibre. Ideal for treating water retention in premenstrual syndrome, arthritis and rheumatism.
- Lettucea high water content promotes diuresis. In addition, it is rich in minerals such as iron and magnesium, perfect for removing fat cells.
- Green teaIt helps you to eliminate fat in the urine. You can drink up to 4 cups a day. In this article, we show you how to lose weight with green tea.
These are all known natural diuretics, but there are many others: grapes, beets, eggplants, carrots, artichokes, blueberries, oats or parsley. Include them in your diet and you will see all their beneficial effects.
Diuretic pineapple drinks
If there is a diuretic par excellence, it is pineapple, a fruit with a high water content that will help you stop fluid retention. We offer recipes to prepare your own diuretic drinks based on this rich fruit, for example, by combining it with grapefruit, a fruit with high diuretic power that will contribute to weight loss.
- Squeeze two grapefruits and mix with natural pineapple slices (the syrup contains a lot of sugar).
- If you notice that the mixture is too thick, you can add water to dilute it.
- Don’t forget not to add sugar so as not to increase the caloric intake of the juice.
Add papaya to our drink
Another option is to prepare a diuretic drink. combining pineapple and delicious papayawhich has antioxidant, digestive, astringent and diuretic properties, among others.
- Peel and clean about 200 grams of papaya (remove the seeds with a spoon).
- Crush the papaya and natural pineapple (sliced) and dilute them with a little water to obtain a good juice.
That’s it, that’s it! With both recipes, you will get two delicious and tasty diuretic drinks. Are you in?
Diuretic drinks with carrots
We have already commented on the benefits and properties of carrots and if we combine them with lemon, we will get a perfect diuretic to purify our bodyto improve our digestion and even to strengthen and improve the appearance of our skin. The ingredients needed to prepare this recipe are: medium carrots, lemon and brown sugar.
- Clean three medium carrots and crush them with a blender.
- Meanwhile, squeeze a lemon and add its juice to the carrots. If you don’t like the acid taste, you can replace the lemon with an orange. The important thing is to add the power and properties of certain citrus fruits.
- Finally, add water to finish diluting and lightening the juice.
That’s it, that’s it! If you want to soften it up. rich diuretic juice you can add a few teaspoons of brown sugar. Tasty, sweet and detoxifying.
Diuretic drinks with vegetable juice
Vegetables are an excellent source of detoxification and diuretics. that can help you stop water retention and purify your body at the same time. That’s why we offer two recipes based on diuretics and healthy drinks. One of the best known is green juice, which can be used in many different ways. We suggest you prepare it with cucumber, parsley, apple, banana and lime.
- Squeeze a lime to get its juice.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender (1/2 cucumber, a bunch of parsley, 1 apple and a banana).
- When you have mixed everything together, add the lime juice.
- If you notice that the mixture is too thick, add water to dilute.
A recipe based on tomato juice
Another good option is to use the properties of the tomato and its diuretic power to prepare a rich and healthy tomato juice. You will need: tomatoes, celery, fresh parsley and lemon.
- Squeeze one lemon to get its juice.
- Put 4 tomatoes, half celery and half a bunch of parsley in the blender. Mix them until you get your liquid.
- Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Finally, drain the juice to remove the tomato seeds.
That’s it, that’s it! With these two proposals, you will get healthy diuretic juices made from vegetables.
Water and its diuretic function
To benefit from the power of some natural diuretics, you can also drink your own water. For example, you can take artichoke waterthat you will get by boiling them. You can eat it all day long and you will eliminate toxins and fats. If you do this routine for 20 days, you will notice that you have deflated and lost a few pounds.
Another good option is to consume coconut waterthat in addition to hydrating yourself, you are able to accelerate your metabolism and contribute to the diuretic action. The same is true for the Jamaican water a drink with multiple diuretic properties and ideal for anyone who wants to lose weight. Jamaican water is prepared by boiling flowers. Try it on!
And we can’t forget the lemon water that will help you cleanse, purify and detoxify the body. It is much more effective if taken daily on an empty stomach. A good way to start the day with a fantastic diuretic effect.
Infusions to cleanse the body
A obvious choice and very beneficial? Without a doubt, in herbal teas, you will find great allies, as they are made of water and become powerful diuretics that are effective in purifying and detoxifying our body. There are natural herbs such as green tea, nettle, horsetail, dandelion, dandelion or laurel, among many other medicinal plants.
On this occasion we propose you prepare a diuretic drink with horsetail, nettle and guava.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- When it reaches boiling point, add the herbs: a teaspoon of horsetail, a teaspoon of nettle and a teaspoon of guyaba.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- Then, remove and cover the infusion by letting it rest for about 10 minutes so that the herbs release all their properties.
That’s it, that’s it! Once the medicinal plants have released all their essence, you can filter the infusion and is ready to drink. To obtain a good effect and lose weight thanks to this powerful diuretic infusionIf you are eating a meal, we recommend that you take about three cups a day, preferably just after each meal. With this natural diuretic drink, you reduce water retention, it works!
If you want to read other articles similar to How to prepare diuretic drinkswe recommend that you enter our Food and Beverages category.